ADVERTISING

Some Links of interest:
Sam Freedom's Internet Marketing Controversy Blog

Custom Logo Design at no cost!

 

 




Join my Notify List and get email when I update my site:
email:
Powered by NotifyList.com

Friday, December 21, 2007

The Jing Project - Free Screen Recording / Screenshots + hosting

I came accross this little Gem a while back that I'd like to share with my readers, it's called the Jing Project. Even they don't know what the project is exactly and what direction it's going but one thing that is for sure is that it's:


1) A free lightweight, yet powerful screenshot and screencast (or screen recording, screen video, whatever you want to call it :) ).


2) A free hosting service to host those files that you create or get this - pretty much any other types of file!


The goal as outlined on the website seems to be "improve the way we communicate and converse" and make it more visual. It's nothing new really, I've been using the products of the company that is behind this - Tech Smith and love them....however I still use the jingproject because it's lightweight, and super easy to use, the whole thing is done very quickly, from captruing a video or screencast and publishing it to the web for your to share. HEck... they even place the link in your clipboard for you so all you have to do is paste it wherever you need to - emails, IMs, website - wherever.

I've been using this myself to explain things to people that is sometimes hard to explain with words, it saves time and frustration from both parties. It can also be used as "visual proof" of whatever it is y want to prove. A picture is worth a thousand words like they say but a video is worth probably a few thousand words :).

It's also excellent to teach things. It's always much easier to learn by example and following steps that you see visually happening in front of you than trying to follow written instructions.




Check it out here.




Labels: , , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Coach Danny said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:48 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I am a mac and I use Jing in place of Camtasia.

It works perfectly to create screen cap's of the procedures I use in my Freedom Business System.

It's great.

9:57 PM  
Blogger Franco said...

Hi Thomas - Thanks for pointing that out for the Mac users. I think Techsmith is working hard on making a mac version for the popular Camtasia too so that's certainly good news and will be welcomed with open arms I think by Mac users who have been waiting for this for a while.

11:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I use Jing, not a lot yet, but have stopped using Cam3 which I owned and never relaced. there is one problem that I found, when Jing is running and Windows Media Player is running there is a resource issue (on Vista) that screws up how a movie will play.

Are you making your vids fro broad publication, like Artemis Pro does for articles, or are you only using it for a vid on site? I ahve been braodcasting for vids for clients with positive - short term - SERP position for the keywords associated with the video.

1:15 AM  
Blogger Franco said...

Interesting strategy. Personally I've mostly been using it to explain concepts or clarify project to my team, i.e. explain software modifications to engineers or design modifications to designers. I find it's like one step further than a screenshot, it's almost as good as being there in person explaining the concept, I like the rapid publishing capabilities of it, it can be recorded and published in a couple minutes. Before were you would have to open a program like camtasia, create the screecast, then upload it somewhere, it made this unatractive and too time consuming to be used everyday.
I find their description of what the project is suppose to do - improve the way we communicate is pretty much how I use it :)
Thanks for that sharing that SERP strategy. Appreciate your comment.

2:41 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Franco, thanks for alerting me to Jing project. Looks like a good alternative to camtasia.

Are you making your vids fro broad publication, like Artemis Pro does for articles, or are you only using it for a vid on site? I ahve been braodcasting for vids for clients with positive - short term - SERP position for the keywords associated with the video. - orginally posted by Richard McLaughlin

Artemis Pro at http://www.artemispro.com what does it do actually???

12:11 AM  
Blogger David said...

Hi Franco,

This is a great product, thank you, it will work well in my James Brausch 'Freedom Business System'.

Thanks again

9:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tip on Jing. I notice someone mentioned James Brausch. Has anyone tried copywriting analysis tool, called Glyphius?

4:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for introducing me to Jing. I think it works very well and I won't be going back to Camtasia. Great suggestion!

1:34 PM  
Blogger Jessieh Watson said...

I like your article for information. Rules of Survival for PC

9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home